It is no secret that we need comfortable places to set our feet, no matter what indoor and outdoor rooms we’re in. So that’s why many flooring methods exist.
Basket weave parquet flooring is one of the classical methods that have existed since the mid to late 16th century.
The basket weave pattern can be made with just one shade of wood or a mix of different shades to create a unique look. It can be put up parallel to the wall or at an angle.
When we consider France as the country’s origin for the basket weave patterns, we immediately know that this flooring pattern is expensive in terms of aesthetic looks and prices. It is because the designers hand-made the parquet flooring, and the flooring can only match with premium woods like teaks.
We often find basket-weaved floor patterns in indoor commercial spaces and some luxurious restaurants. So, why choose basketweave flooring if they are so expensive? Here are the answers:
Basketweave parquet flooring(or basketweave flooring) is one of the most exotic flooring arts that we can witness.
When you put in a parquet block floor, you can make a pattern called “basket weave.” It is called “basket weave” because it looks like a basketweave once it is put together.
Many houses and businesses use this kind of parquet to give their wood floors a distinctive appearance.
We can feel the woven lining details every time we walk through paths that use the basketweave technique. Plus, we can feel a sense of adventure as we search for the most exotic wood species that match the basketweave technique.
The wood flooring color combinations we often see are not far away from any shades of brown. After all, brown is the natural wood color.
However, we can witness more than one color combination in a basketweave parquet tile. Yet, the color inside the frame and the color of the framing woods always seem to be harmonious.
Parquet tiles’ complexity and dimensional qualities are enough to deter our boredom from the straight wood patterns we usually use for flooring purposes.
When we consider the things we need to think about before decorating our floors with basketweave patterns, we will successfully generate our unique parquet patterns.
Basket weave parquet flooring is not just another exotic and expensive flooring in the wood floor industry.
Instead, current pattern trends are what we refer to most when discussing parquet flooring. In other words, basketweave floors are the flooring types most subject to current trends.
Basketweave parquet flooring is a classic style that works best in a large room because it is made of blocks.
Study the pattern trends for the basketweave, such as the double-herringbone pattern with or without borders, Dutch-styled basketweave, ladders and bricks, and many other patterns.
These whole pattern trends highlight parquets’ characteristics, which is the zigzag pattern that differentiates them from straight-lined wood floors.
We can only consider other factors to beautify our basket weave parquet floors. For instance, we can choose different color combinations for each room and the finishes we need for the parquet floors.
Lacquered and oil finishes are two of the most popular finishes, and each of these finishes has different pros and cons.
The advantages and disadvantages of putting basketweave parquet flooring throughout your indoor and outdoor spaces are as follows:
- Undoubtedly one of the most creative floorings. Imagine it all: Exotic wooden materials, thousands of possible color combinations, hand-made, can choose borders, and many more.
- Looks clean and is also easy to maintain. The woods are usually thin enough to cut, and we only need vacuum cleaners to clean the dusty surfaces.
- It can be one of the floors that lasts the longest.
- They don’t have the best resistance for moist and heated environments.
- Scratches, similar marks, and carves on wooden surfaces are difficult to recover.
- The sanding processes are not only mandatory. Instead, these processes will be lengthier and sometimes make people prone to get tired of their basketweave floors.
- DIY alone is sometimes not enough due to the hand-made basket weave’s complex patterns.
Apply these tips to maintain and care for your parquet floors:
- Commit to cleaning your basketweave floors regularly. It’s not enough to clean after you install the floors for a few hours. You also need to know which cleaning equipment matches the type of dirt around the floors.
- Set up your vacuum cleaners well. Pay attention to the rotating bars to ensure the vacuum winds are balanced enough to wipe away dirt, debris, stains, and the like.
- Don’t procrastinate in cleaning up your basketweave parquet floors. The more you postpone cleaning, the more the residues will break through your floors.
- Parquet floors are usually made from highly-sensitive wood. So, cleaning agents like bleaches and ammonia is usually not the best choices. Instead, you can damp your mop with regular water or use any cleaning agents that feel and smell soft, smooth, and natural to the floors.
- Don’t place too much heavy furniture, such as large-sized bookcases, and plenty of home entertainment equipment and tools.
- Trim your pets’ nails regularly to avoid scratches on the floor.
Other parquet floor patterns
If you want to change the appearance of your floor, we have some of the most interesting and unique patterns, each more beautiful than the last. You will love them for sure.
Parquet floor 3D effect
Putting together short wooden boards in different shades of light and dark creates a beautiful optical illusion. It is a three-dimensional pattern that works well in many homes. With a beautiful floor, you will make a difference.
Parquet and metal
Exquisite designs for a first class floor with elegance and refinement are reflected in the wood floors with metal, steel, and stone inlay designs. Mixing woods like teak, old oak, and olive can produce genuine works of art.
Grained imitation binding
By giving the wood a special treatment that brings out the patterns of its growth rings, a great graining technique can be made that is used in the bookbinding world. This a beautiful result that’s great for people who love books.
Design with barrels
You can make a unique design with wooden barrel boards that have been used before. When whiskey barrels are used as part of a house’s floor, they make beautiful parquet patterns for people who love the smell of good whiskey.
Chevron flooring uses the same pattern as herringbone, but the boards are cut into points. For the pattern to fit right, they need to be cut to the exact size. They are often hard to put in, but the result is a floor that looks good and lasts for a long time.
The brick pattern
It’s one of the most common, but if you use different shades of parquet, you can make it look very nice. This pattern can be used to make a border and outline the whole room with strips.
It is a type of flooring pattern that is also called “herringbone.” It is made with boards cut into rectangles and laid at a 90° angle.
It is among the most well-liked choices, and the zigzag pattern it creates is incredibly fashionable.
The double herringbone pattern is similar to the single but uses two boards instead of one. This makes the pattern look thicker.