Wooden floors make a home feel nice because they are comfortable, warm, and close to nature. For this reason, they need to be taken care of with high-quality products.
Today, we’ll discuss a special product for your home’s surfaces. Murphy oil soap is made with 98% natural ingredients and is made to clean sealed wood floors, laminates, tiles, and linoleum without having to rinse.
Murphy’s Oil Soap makes it easy to clean dirt and other debris off hardwood floors and cleans finished wood thoroughly without leaving any residue behind.
Since the soap doesn’t have ammonia, lye, or heavy oils, it can be used on other surfaces besides hardwood floors. Murphy’s Oil Soap works best on finished, laminated floors doesn’t have wax or tile.
Murphy’s oil soap has multi-use characteristics
1. It can eliminate marks made by crayons, pens, shoe polish, and even stains from pets. Use a warm, damp cloth with murphy oil soap and rub the area to remove any dirt.
2. This product also gives wooden tables, chairs, nightstands, and other surfaces a nice shine.
3. You can use Murphy’s oil soap in the bathroom. Mix a small amount of the soap with water, and it will be ready to use on the walls, floors, sinks, toilets, and showers.
4. Use the oil soap to treat the leather in your car. Use the product and apply it with a dry cloth to the dashboard or upholstery (if it’s not made of fabric), then polish the area with another dry cloth.
5. Murphy oil, isopropyl alcohol, water, cooking oil, and lemon juice can be mixed to make a bug-repellent. You can use this mix to spray in your gardens.
Does Murphy’s Oil Soap damage wood floors?
In the United States, Murphy’s oil soap is made by Colgate-Palmolive. It is mostly made of potassium vegetable oil and has no harsh detergents like bleach. Its natural ingredients have helped it get a lot of attention on the market, especially since many cleansers are harmful.
Murphy’s Oil Soap comes in two forms
- Concentrated liquid that is shaken in water before use.
- Diluted liquid in a spray bottle.
Many experts say you shouldn’t use soaps with oil or wax on hardwoods.
The polyurethane finish, not the wood itself, is what they can react with and break down to make a sticky, oily mess. The residue then makes the floor slippery and cloudy.
The people who make Murphy Oil Soap say that, despite the name, the product doesn’t have any oil in it and doesn’t leave any oily residue on floors.
Most companies that make hardwood floors are very against using oil soaps. Still, it’s hard to say whether or not Murphy’s oil soap is bad for hardwood floors because different customer reviews say different things.
People who say that Murphy’s Oil Soap ruined their floors think they didn’t use the product the way the manufacturer said.
Another common reason is that they had used an oil soap before, and the effect became clear when they used Murphy’s oil soap.
People also often ask them, “Is the soap still good?” Or have you never noticed the residue before?
You might be wondering if you’ve used Murphy’s Oil Soap right if you’ve used it. This article tells you how to use Murphys Oil Soap the right way.
How to Use Murphy Oil Soap to Clean Hardwood Floors
Concentrated Liquid Form
- Mix 1/4 cup of Murphy’s Oil Soap in a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip a clean rag or mop into the mixture and squeeze out any extra liquid.
- With a damp cloth or mop, start cleaning the floor.
- Soak the rag or mop in the water again, and then clean the room.
- Don’t stress out about washing. This thing is meant to dry on the ground.
The Diluted Version
- Spray the liquid on the wood floor directly.
- Use a damp mop or a clean damp cloth to clean.
- No matter if you rinse or not.
- If something goes wrong and you see oil on your floor, you should stop using it immediately and clean up the oil.
Tips and Warnings
The oil soap will clean up the buildup of earwax; over time, you will need to use a wax protectant.
Any wood surface, including ceramic tile, vinyl, vehicles, and clothes stains, can be cleaned using Murphy’s Oil Soap. Never use Murphy’s Oil Soap on floors or surfaces made of unfinished wood.
How to Dispose of Murphy Oil Soap Residue
Fill a bucket with cold water.
Put your mop or rag in the water bucket. Then get rid of any extra water.
Use a rag or a mop to clean the floor.
It will be easier if the floor is split into four sections of 1.2 m. You can also break the floor up into smaller pieces.
Use another rag to dry the floor quickly. This time, use a dry rag.
Repeat the process in the same section to eliminate every last bit of residue.
Keep cleaning each part of the room until it’s all done.
Change the water and rag as often as possible to keep the floor from getting dirty again.
Other Uses of Murphy Oil Soap
Horse saddles and bridles are polished and cleaned with Murphys Oil Soap.
It is used to clean weapons that have been used with black powder. Since it is made from vegetable oil instead of petroleum, it makes less slime when used to clean black powder weapons.
It also removes debris that builds up on the hubcaps and wheels of a vehicle with disc brakes.
Murphy’s Oil Soap can get rid of water-based inks like Crayola markers and doesn’t leave acid on the paper.
Artists use Murphy Oil Soap to clean their brushes.
When diluted to about 2-4%, Murphy’s Oil Soap can also be used as a garden spray to kill bugs.
It can be mixed with water to keep the clay from sticking to a potter’s wheel as it is thrown.
Any wood surface, including ceramic tile, vinyl, vehicles, and clothes stains, can be cleaned using Murphy’s Oil Soap.
Murphy Oil alternative for wood floors
What will you do if you run out of Murphy Oil and need to clean soon?
It’s important to be careful when cleaning wood floors. A bad decision could cause so much damage that it would cost a lot to fix.
To be sure, you can try the product in a small, low-traffic area of your home and look for oil residue.